Under Phase 3 of Governor Cooper’s plan to ease COVID-19 restrictions, the Battleship welcomes visitors to the full public tour route.
Procedures remain in place to help ensure the safety of staff and visitors, including
- Offering only self-guided tours of the full public tour route.
- Requiring visitors to wear a cloth mask over their nose and mouth. Non-medical masks, bandanas or scarves may be worn.
- Limiting the number of visitors allowed in the gift shop and closing the visitors center.
- Welcoming only non-cash (credit card) payments.
- Providing hand sanitizer and hand-washing facilities.
- Cleaning high-touch public areas and restrooms frequently.
- Using protective barriers at sales desks.
Adult admission is $14, with visitors offered the group, child, military or ADA rate as applicable.
Operating hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, last ticket sold at 4 p.m.
Visitors are encouraged to follow the “Three Ws” as outlined by the N.C. Dept. of Health and Human Services – WEAR a cloth mask over your nose and mouth; WAIT at least six feet apart and avoid close contact; and WASH your hands or use hand sanitizer. If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, we ask that you postpone your visit.
We appreciate your cooperation to protect our employees and other guests.
Keep up to date with our plans by checking back here or following us on social media. We look forward to seeing you soon!
At the Battleship
Moored in quiet dignity and majesty the Battleship NORTH CAROLINA, across the river from downtown Wilmington, beckons visitors to walk her decks. Envision the daily life and fierce combat her crew faced in the Pacific Theatre during World War II.
From all across our Nation they came, young men who had grown up in the crucible of the Great Depression and now determined to serve their Country in its time of need. These are the men whose stories you will encounter through their oral histories, photographs, and mementos as you experience the Ship and the exhibits.
Step back in time and let history come alive through the crews’ stories. Imagine yourself steering the ship, starting her engines or even firing the guns. JOIN THE CREW and be a part of Battleship history at the Battleship NORTH CAROLINA!
Donations and memberships
Support the Battleship! Choose an ongoing pledge, donate in someone’s honor or join the Generations Campaign. Click here to get started.