Professional Military Education Program
The Battleship offers a PME (Professional Military Education) for interested military groups and NJROTC. The three-hour program consists of rotating small groups through a series of presentations and shipboard exploration.
Presentations and tour include:
• Three-hour program with knowledgeable guides
• Guns - .50 caliber, 20mm, 40mm, 5-inch and 16-inch guns
• Climb up the spectacular 10-story fire control tower for an unforgettable view of the Wilmington area.
• Behind-the-scenes inside the Combat Information Center
Depending on the group’s specialty, such as legal or medical, presentations may include:
• Behind-the-scenes look in the ship’s archives
• Behind-the scenes tour of appropriate spaces
• The program is offered weekdays, October through May.
• Programs must be scheduled four to six weeks in advance.
• Minimum of 15 participants are required; maximum of 48 participants.
• Fee is $15 per person and does not include ship admission.
• Confirmation requires pre-payment and a signed contract.
• Cancellation must be received 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
• Less than 48 hour cancellation receives no refund.
For more information and scheduling, please contact Kim Sincox, Museum Services Director at 910-251-5797 extension 3006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.