For when it’s not possible to visit the Ship in person, we’ve put together some links to help you share in the Battleship experience!
- Explore the Battleship’s collections online! Check out our archives, photographs, artifacts and more.
- Experience our Sea Stories, providing the history of the Battleship in the words of the men who worked on it.
- View the collections.
- Play Battleship games.
- Watch videos.
- And more!
Engage students with one of our Battleship-based lesson plans for a variety of ages.
- Print out our coloring sheet of Charlie, our friendly alligator mascot.
- Give our Battleship word search a try.
- Try your hand at the Battleship crossword, designed for school group tours (and check your work with the answers).
- Learn about the natural environment at the Battleship site, through this brochure about its flora and fauna.
- Assemble our digital jigsaw puzzle of a photo of the Battleship.
- Test your knowledge with our downloadable trivia quiz. (Here are the answers — but don’t peek!) Or take the online version right here:
Visit us on social media for more about what’s happening at the Battleship and ties to history:
Zoom virtual backgrounds
Show your love for the Battleship during video conferences with our virtual backgrounds.
[Right-click or Ctrl + click HERE to open above image in a new tab. Then right-click or ctrl+click in the new tab to save full-size background image.]
[Right-click or Ctrl+click HERE to open above image in a new tab. Then right-click or ctrl+click in the new tab to save full-size background image.]
You can also check out the North Carolina Museum of History’s virtual backgrounds, which include one showing the Battleship being moved up the Cape Fear River!